Bossier City Brain Injury Attorney
Skilled Representation in Shreveport & the Surrounding Area
Brain injuries have the potential to change someone's life forever. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are very common in accidents where a person experiences a harsh blow to the head, such as from the impact of an auto accident. If you recently had an accident and experienced a brain injury as a result, speak with our skilled legal team at Joseph A. Gregorio, A Professional Law Firm. We can help you work to obtain the compensation you need for all the costs associated with your injury.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A TBI is any catastrophic brain injury caused by external force, such as a blow to the head, or internal complication, including sub-cranial hemorrhaging.
Some common traumatic brain injuries include:
- Concussions: Many people wonder whether concussions are traumatic brain injuries. The answer? Yes. Concussions are generally considered to be “mild” injuries when compared to other types of TBIs, but that does not mean they can’t cause lasting harm—particularly when a person suffers multiple concussions. If you suffered a blow to the head, whiplash, or any other type of injury involving head trauma or rapid head movement, seek medical attention.
- Brain Contusion: “Contusion” is the medical term for a bruise; a brain contusion is a bruise that forms on the brain. They often occur alongside concussions and will often heal on their own. However, if bleeding does not stop, the affected individual can experience serious complications, including brain damage. Surgical removal of the contusion may be required.
- Coup-Contrecoup: A coup-contrecoup brain injury occurs when an impact to the head results in two points of brain injury: one at the impact site and one on the opposing side where the brain hits the opposite side of the skull as a result of the force of the initial impact. Coup-contrecoup brain injuries can be severe, and victims may require extensive medical attention and ongoing treatment.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries: In some cases, a sudden impact or force can cause the brain to move so violently within the skull, tears can form in the connecting tissue of the brain stem. This is often caused by severe whiplash, as well as other violent accidents and events. Depending on the size and scope of the tears, diffuse axonal brain injuries can be moderate to severe in nature. In some cases, they can even be fatal.
- Penetrating Brain Injuries: These TBIs occur when a foreign object penetrates the skull and touches or pierces the brain. These are some of the most devastating and violent of all traumatic brain injuries, and victims are often killed instantly. However, in some cases, treatment may be possible, and victims may make a partial or even full recovery.
Traumatic brain injury effects can be extensive and last for years or even a lifetime. Victims may need ongoing cognitive and/or physical rehabilitation therapy. They may be unable to return to work or activities they once enjoyed. They may even make a complete recovery after months or years of medical care. Every case is different, which is why our team utilizes a personalized approach. We can estimate exactly how your injuries will affect you in the long-term and seek compensation for your total recovery costs, now and in the future.
Traumatic Brain Injury Symptoms
Individuals with a brain injury may experience the following symptoms:
- Memory problems
- Trouble concentrating
- Changes in mood or behavior
Depending on the severity of your injury, you may be unable to work for some time. This can place you and your loved ones under a great deal of financial strain.
At Joseph A. Gregorio, A Professional Law Firm, our goal is to help make the aftermath of your accident less overwhelming. We can guide you in filing a claim against the at-fault party's insurance company so you may obtain the compensation you need for your injuries.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
TBIs are frequently caused by the following types of accidents:
When a traumatic brain injury is the result of someone else’s negligent behavior, such as driving while intoxicated or failing to follow workplace safety regulations, victims and their loved ones have the right to take legal action and seek compensation for their damages. Joseph A. Gregorio, A Professional Law Firm can help.
AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
For more than two decades, our firm has been taking a stand for injured victims across the Bossier metropolitan area, including Shreveport, Minden, and the surrounding communities. With a Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rated attorney, not to mention countless satisfied clients, we are the type of law firm you need on your side.
Always placing the needs of our clients first, we offer weekend and evening appointment times and can even meet with you in your home or hospital room. We will let nothing stand in our way as we work to ensure that your right to fair compensation is upheld and honored.
To request a free case evaluation with our firm, call us at (318) 719-7515.
“Highly Recommended!” - James B.
“Joe Gregorio is a fantastic attorney!” - Verity G.
“Joe and his staff handled my case with absolute professionalism and care.” - David M.