Bossier City Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Millions Recovered for Clients throughout the Shreveport Area
Catastrophic injury is not something most people think about—until it hits close to home. At Joseph A. Gregorio, A Professional Law Firm, we think about catastrophic injuries all the time; it's in our DNA. Having worked alongside the victims of catastrophic injury accidents for more than 25 years, we've seen firsthand how traumatic they can be.
No matter how severe your injuries—from loss of vision to amputation or paralysis—there have never been so many recovery options. Though no two injuries are identical, your road to recovery should always begin with the acquisition of an experienced personal injury attorney. We can't make the accident go away, but we can help you work to obtain compensation that will be vital to your long-term rehabilitation.
For a free consultation with our Bossier City catastrophic injury lawyer, call (318) 719-7515. We can travel to you if needed.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Just as catastrophic injuries are incredibly varied in type, the also have myriad causes. Any serious accident can result in life-altering injuries.
Some of the most common causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Workplace accidents
- Motorcycle, truck, and car accidents
- Animal attacks/dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Product defects
- Construction accidents
- Oil and gas industry accidents
- Boating accidents
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
There is no set definition of a “catastrophic injury;” generally speaking, any injury that alters the life of the victim in a significant, measurable way is considered “catastrophic.” That being said, some injuries tend to have a more dramatic effect on victims than others.
Some of the most common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: TBIs include everything from concussions to contusions to hemorrhaging. These injuries often result in considerable brain damage and, even with proper medical treatment, victims may sometimes be unable to make a complete recovery. TBIs are commonly caused by accidents that result in head or neck trauma, such as car accidents, workplace accidents, slip and falls, and more.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Catastrophic spinal cord injuries often lead to paralysis, including both temporary and permanent partial or complete paralysis. Victims may be diagnosed with paraplegia or quadriplegia/tetraplegia, depending on the severity of their injuries. Spinal cord injuries are frequently caused by sudden impact and/or multiple forces affecting the body, often resulting from motor vehicle accidents, boating accidents, and similar incidents.
- Severe Burns: Second- and third-degree burns are generally considered catastrophic, as victims suffer an immense amount of pain and must undergo extensive treatment, often including surgery and skin-grafting. Severe burn injuries are commonly caused by explosions and fires, as well as contact with hot items/equipment.
- Amputation: Whether accidental or medically administered, amputation of a limb or extremity is catastrophic. Victims will typically require a significant amount of medical treatment, not to mention costly medical equipment, such as wheelchairs, ramps, and prosthetics. As a result, their medical bills can quickly become astronomically high, adding a considerable financial burden to an already difficult recovery process.
Other common catastrophic injuries include hearing loss, vision loss, internal organ damage, multiple fractures, and other serious and/or life-altering injuries.
Dedicated to Compassionate Client Care
In the immediate aftermath of a catastrophic injury, out-of-pocket expenses and lost income can accrue quickly. At Joseph A. Gregorio, A Professional Law Firm, we don't ask you to pay any upfront fees because we know you're already dealing with enough financial obligations. Our initial consultation is free and we don't charge anything until a settlement is reached. If we're unable to collect damages, you don't pay us a cent!
Clients throughout Bossier City, Shreveport, Minden, and the surrounding communities have trusted us with their futures, and you can too. With more than 25 years of experience and the highest peer ratings in the industry, our Bossier City catastrophic injury lawyer is prepared to help you navigate the process of seeking fair financial compensation for your injuries.
I have nothing but great things to say about Joe and his staff!- Markecia C.
Joe and his staff always made me feel comfortable about my case.- Curt L.
I would recommend Joe to family and friends in the future.- Former Client
Joe Gregorio has the experience and resources to get the job done.- Former Client
Upfront, professional, and a total joy to work with.- M.V. Edmonson